The Spinal Cord Injury Association of Connecticut, a Chapter of United Spinal (SCIACT) has been awarded $26,085 from the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation. The funding will be used to increase services and education for the spinal cord injury community in Connecticut.
The Craig H. Neilsen Foundation is dedicated to research and programs to improve the quality of life for people living with spinal cord injury. In Connecticut, we will create
a ‘Quality of Life’ informational series and support group series.
Among the topics to be included in the series are wound care, recreation, research and technology. Other topics and events have not been finalized but the Chapter looks forward to working with its members and supporters in the upcoming year as we meet our goals.
Key goals of the SCIACT program:
• Increase the number of monthly support groups across the state
• Provide an online support system
• Increase access to e-newsletter
• Provide more support through social media outlets
• Increase access to state resources
• Increase membership participation in current programs and events
• Increase program efforts to support spinal cord injury related events
The SCIACT is encouraging its members to be active in this project. You can provide your input by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or going to Facebook and Like the page.